Cold Iron Studios is looking for a Senior QA Tester to join our world-class team working on our Aliens game! This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
Are you an analytical thinker and problem solver that has a sharp eye for detail and excellent communication skills? Do you have the leadership chops to mentor game testers to achieve quality at each stage of a development cycle?
Awesome! Come join our creative, collaborative studio and help expand the Alien universe with a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Gather and analyze test data and provide reports for the project team; track bugs and issues through Jira
- Develop and maintain test plans and assignments for every deliverable build across the project
- Collaborate with cross-functional QA, Engineering, Product and Central QA, including outsourced Testers
- Playtest the game from a developer and user standpoint to highlight issues and design flaws
- Own the testing of new features from conception to finalization
Your Career Progression
- Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- The Quality Assurance organization is being built on a culture of teamwork, customer advocacy, and problem solving. As a Senior QA Tester, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We are looking for a person that enjoys working in a group setting, loves guiding test teams, and has experience in collaborative software environments that reinforce the values of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of software or games experience testing games on at least XBOX, Playstation, or PC platforms
- Strong understanding of game/software development cycles
- Strong problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and bug tracking tools like Jira
Would love to see:
- Experience testing on all of XBOX, Playstation and PC platforms
- Experience in test automation and tools
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent)
- Knowledge of versioning systems like GitHub, Perforce, etc
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
About Cold Iron
Cold Iron is a San Jose, California based studio, with a team of remote game developers all over the country. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles on PC and console.
Exceptional employee benefits, 18 days PTO first year, 11 paid holidays, plus period between Christmas and New Year’s Day; robust medical, dental, vision insurance coverage for entire family; company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, fully remote work, ultra-creative environment.