Cold Iron Studios is looking for a Senior Community Manager! Reporting into the Studio Head, you will work closely with marketing, PR and production teams at Cold Iron. You will lead all community development efforts and social media strategy for Cold Iron’s upcoming Aliens game! You must understand what players want, what they are concerned with, and what the capabilities of the game team are. You must have their fingers on the pulse of their community, at all times understanding the hot items that are top of mind of players. And must be able to drive the social media efforts for the game, working with the team for content creation and design & manage the respective calendar.
The culture of the Cold Iron Studios is highly collaborative, encompassing mutual respect and we all work together to move toward specific goals. We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t forget to have fun while doing it - we do make video games, after all!
Day to day:
- Be the primary conduit of feedback (in and out of game) and share detailed sentiment reports with the Studio. Have the ability to make decisions based on data, filter what a vocal minority is pushing for and present solutions to the game team.
- Interact directly with our players as an individual personality, in game and out of game, with the goal of fostering mutual respect and open communication between players and the game teams
- Understand player behavior across all levels of engagement (e.g., casual to hardcore) and be able to clearly explain to the game and marketing teams how those segments differ.
- Be able to seek out game evangelists / influencers and engage them to further promote the game
- Accountable for establishing an authentic tone and direction of social media channels at a high level and will collaborate with the Customer Care Team, making sure that the team is armed with the key messages and answers to questions that players are asking.
- Assist in the execution of community-facing initiatives including contests, offline events, convention presence, and social media initiatives
- Have a strong affinity and understanding of social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube as well as solid knowledge on industry’s best practices of generating engagement with the target audiences
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Public Relations and the Studio to plan and execute an engaging Social content
- Develop a sentiment analysis approach to measure where we are and where we want to be for the game, design and implement viable tactics to execute on this approach
- Shape a community-focused strategy and content campaign to serve both the community needs and support marketing activities.
- Communicate as one of the spokespersons for the product or franchise, creating and managing conversation and ongoing dialogue with the fan community online and at events.
- Define and report on content KPI’s to demonstrate success and ROI of community programs and content.
- Coordinate communication, activities and initiatives with multiple global departments for consistent and cohesive messaging.
- Develop and execute community content tactics that support the overall marketing strategy: includes but not limited to the creation of assets such as video blogs, podcasts, interviews, annotated screenshots and game guides.
- Represent the community needs to the Production and Marketing Teams.
- Manage and coordinate with live teams for post-launch communication: set expectations on applicable situations such as patch content, status and delivery.
- Develop strategies and manage external milestones, such as betas, to ensure objectives and KPIs are met.
- Manage and produce internal reports on community reaction, activities and output.
- Coordinate events involving studio visits from fans, chats with Development Team, and tournament support.
- 3-5 years of experience managing online communities and developing strategic plans or programs with demonstrable success.
- Extensive experience in the gaming industry with multiple gaming platforms and genres (required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, reddit, blogs, etc.) is required. Experience in social media marketing is a strong plus.
- Experience with digital asset creation (video, photo, pod casts, etc.) a strong plus.
- Experience working in a demanding Production environment, with multiple deadlines, objectives and stakeholders.
- Experience in running a fan site, participating in an online gaming clan or guild, or forum moderation experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Community Management, Communications & multimedia) or equivalent is highly preferred
MUST Have Experience:
- A strong grasp of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage a cadence of content for players
- Love playing PC and Console games, especially MMO titles, and be willing to play everyday like the players do.
- Some proficiency with tools which measure sentiment (Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Tracx others)
- Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns (please be prepared to share some case studies with us).
- Proven track record of managing compelling content for all the key social media channels such as Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Proven track record in working cross-functionally
- Outstanding communication skills, including written & verbal direct dialogue with players and presenting clear actionable feedback to the game team.
- You know how to write titles, descriptions and tags of content that will attract organic viewership
- Experience hosting audio podcasts and/or live video streaming
- Video editing of VOD (video-on-demand) content with an industry-standard NLE including Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Photoshop skills in creating/updating static assets and/or creating video thumbnails
- Show us your “X-factor” that makes you unique