Cold Iron is seeking a Brand Manager! Reporting into the Studio Head, you will work closely with community management and production teams at Cold Iron. You will drive all brand management efforts and marketing strategies for Cold Iron. This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
The culture of the Cold Iron Studios is highly collaborative, encompassing mutual respect and we all work together to move toward specific goals. We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t forget to have fun while doing it – we do make video games, after all!
Day to day
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams including Community, Production, and Operations to ensure seamless integration and execution of our marketing campaigns.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on what excites and delights our customers to optimize copy and/or assets in email, ad placement, & SEO campaigns.
- Be the first point of contact for marketing, PR and sales teams for our partners and licensors. Coordinate communications and manage feedback from multiple external teams.
- Usher deliverables through all phases of product marketing including, but not limited to all planning & project timelines related to creative development, advertising, special events, and trade and consumer promotions.
- Assess and troubleshoot issues identified in the live production environments related to sales discounts, promotion availability, or advertising copy as needed.
- Facilitate visual asset creation, logo, and copy treatment requests to promote regularly occurring sales events and game content releases. This includes communication with internal and external teams to execute.
- Draft product copy and creative briefs by ensuring that visual and written communications align with Brand identity and planned strategy.
- Organize and maintain visual and copy asset directories and style guides for the Brand to ensure expedition of deployment of advertising assets for all scheduled sales and promotion campaigns. This will include using a blend of propriety and commercially available tools.
- Develop integrated marketing plans through all phases of product development.
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft, making and publishing awesome games. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- 3-5 years of experience in brand marketing, product management, project management, visual merchandising, or digital storefronts in an applicable industry (gaming, entertainment, consumer goods, etc.).
- Understanding of video game publishing and marketing content pipeline from concept to shipping
- Experience designing promotion strategies and schedules.
- Strong organization, time management and scheduling skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing across web, console, and social including working with online/digital marketplaces, supporting digital content strategies, supporting launches of supportive and standalone digital releases.
Would Love to See
- Knowledge of current trends in the gaming industry and related marketing trends.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Equivalent industry experience, or BA in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications, or related degree
About Cold Iron
Cold Iron is a San Jose, California based studio, with a team of remote game developers all over the country. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles on PC and console.
Exceptional employee benefits, 18 days PTO first year, 11 paid holidays, plus period between Christmas and New Year’s Day; robust medical, dental, vision insurance coverage for entire family; company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, fully remote work, ultra-creative environment.