Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Operations Manager! In this role, you will lead the planning, execution and day-to-day business operations of the Cold Iron team. Because Cold Iron is a small, independent studio, everyone is expected to wear many hats. The Operations Manager plays a critical role in the optimization of existing processes/systems/tools and the development and creation of new processes/systems/tools for the studio. The Operations Manager will be involved with operations, HR, procurement, facilities, and IT. This individual will engage in high-level strategic planning and executing on key personnel-related initiatives. Ideal candidate will be attentive to detail, process-oriented, and an excellent problem-solver. This role is a key member, reporting to the Head of Studio.
The culture of the Cold Iron Studios is highly collaborative, encompassing mutual respect and focus on working together to complete goals. We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t forget to have fun while doing it - we do make video games, after all!
Finance and Legal
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership
- Leverage KPIs and metrics to report business performance to stakeholders and studio leadership
- Assess financial performance against forecast, monitoring expenditures and cash flow
- Work closely with Payroll for payroll processing of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Oversee external accounting resources (e.g. ensure timely payment of all invoices, contracts, receivables, and expense reimbursements)
- Manage procure-to-pay process for goods and services, including sourcing, contract management and negotiations, purchasing, software asset management
- Liaise with external legal counsel and act as the main point of contact
HR & People Development
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee talent acquisition and employee onboarding/offboarding (e.g., sourcing/recruitment, hiring). Develop interviewing and hiring standards that are effective, deliver positive candidate experiences, and yield quality hires.
- Support our team; manage lifecycle for all employees
- Measure the success of people processes; establish and maintain operational metrics for recruiting efficacy, employee satisfaction and retention
- Partner with Office Manager to strategize improvements and drive the creation of new culture related activities, processes, events, and traditions
- Oversee office administration, facilities planning, and business continuity planning, including management of vendor relationships
- Oversee management of vendors, service providers and leasing agency
- Manage the engagement, delivery, and oversight of activities related to infrastructure services
- Support IT in strategizing and developing new IT operations, including helpdesk
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in an operational leadership position
- Excellent ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute multiple time-sensitive priorities with precision and integrity.
- Excellent multi-tasking and context-switching abilities
- A proven track record of exceeding goals; ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Ability to evolve and strategize operations based on research, data, and business direction
- The ability to think strategically, anticipating future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Possess solid project management skills, can set and manage expectations extremely well, work effectively with others, and are exceedingly productive on your own while producing quality results
- Strength in simultaneously managing and effectively prioritizing a large number of strategic and tactical activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and other computer applications
- Experience or interest working in video gaming industry (strongly preferred)
About our Location
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles on PC and console.