Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles on PC and console.
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Character Artist to join our world-class team working on our upcoming Aliens
Are you able to translate 2D concepts into fully realized 3D characters, armor, and weapons? Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best experiences possible? Join our creative, collaborative studio where you will help craft visually inspiring player characters, and enemy creatures that are as fun to look at as they are to blow up.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Create models, textures, and materials for characters, armor, and weapons
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D
- Collaborate with Animators and FX artists to breathe life into your characters
- Help drive the art vision for the game
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Help define and drive a character customization system
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Character Artist
- Professional experience working on current generation games
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Advanced understanding of proportion, silhouette, color theory, and anatomy
- Advanced understanding of model topology and skinning
- Experience creating hard surface and organic assets
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See:
- Experience creating 2D rough concepts and/or illustrations
- Experience with character customization systems
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, SpeedTree, or other additional 3D tools
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- This is a full-time position.
About our Location
Cold Iron is a San Jose, California based studio, with a team of remote game developers all over the country. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles on PC and console.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment.